Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Scones

Shugary Sweets
Who doesn't love a pumpkin scone from Starbucks during the holidays?
It is one of my favorites, and I have tried to develop my own recipe.
I have done O.K.
But, then I found this recipe from Shugary Sweets. Yum.
I halved the recipe today. Which is a bit challenging when there is no measuring cup for 1/6 of a cup of heavy cream, I just eye balled it the best I could and everything came out fine.
My one critique would be ... I don't know if you NEED two glazes.
I might choose to only do the flavored glaze next time, but it does make it look
kind of pretty with the contrasting glazes.
What is next on my fall treat list?
Pumpkin Lattes....

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to perfect that recipe, too. I've been hooked on scones ever since Someone I Know sent a plate of them over to my house. :-) For the pumpkin spice lattes, I'm lazy and I use the pumpkin spice creamer, but they only sell that once a year. Love the new background.

    Love ya!

    Heath

    ReplyDelete