Sunday, November 6, 2011

This is my old red couch!
We bought it about 10-11 years ago...when I loved red.
It is still in great shape because we really don't sit on it much,
but let me tell you it is comfy.
Once I painted the concrete floor I didn't love the red couch with it.
So I decided it was time to try my hand at slipcovering.
Many people I know I have done slipcover projects.
My friend Shannon at Anythingology slipcovered her couches last year.
My friend Wendy at Simply Brookes slipcovered her old couches years ago.
Her sister-in-law Heather is working on hers she gave me the tip on where to buy the fabric.
Nick of Time -- $3.50 a yard for white denim....this is a good deal.
They sent samples. It was $20 to ship from Pennsylvania to California but still worth it.
I pre-washed it. And it did shrink by about 25%.
Here is the finished product. I need to figure out how to tighten up underneath the curvy arm.
Will probably use a little velcro underneath, and attach it right to the couch.
But, all in all I am happy with the final product.
It was alot of work.
I got some tips from this website.
And opted for no piping to make it a little easier to get the fit right.

2 comments:

  1. fantastic fantastic fantastic. confirms why i have slipcovered every upholstered piece of furniture i own that wasn't leather. in fact, is it time for me to RE-upholster my ucky sectional? perhaps...

    love the look of your wonderful home. it is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is the project I have needed to do for a while. For some reason, I thought I would love red toile forever. Turns out I don't. I'm just so scared to try the slipcovers! How long did it take you? How much fabric did you need to buy?

    Heath

    ReplyDelete