Thursday, March 4, 2010

Concrete

Here it is. The concrete. Never thought I would be so excited to walk on concrete. I have a correction to make from yesterday, I thought we had a salt finish we have an acid finish. It is a little hard to tell in the picture but it ends up having a speckled look, and it won't be splippery! Ellie was very excited to run around out there....she loved jumping off the steps!

What's next? Well, it is a little hard to tell in the picture but we are not super happy with the coping edge along the steps so we need to see what they can do to fix that. Then they will be putting some of the ledger stone underneath the lip of those steps. They will be putting the smooth coat finish on the bench wall, and painting it. There is still the finishing up of the concrete, some saw cuts, and mastic. Then they can plaster the pool and fill it up. The rest of the yard is up to the "in-house" landscapers. We (meaning Don and me....and whatever child labor we can harness) will be putting in some new sprinklers, bringing in some good dirt, mulch, we have a little patch of sod to lay. After that the fun part....some new plants to spruce up the place. Then we need lighting, furniture.....ok we still have alot to do, but it is nice that we can start walking around out there without tracking in so much dirt!

2 comments:

  1. How delightful! I can see it now...only one question. Where is the flat screen going? The barbecue? The curtain wall? okay, that was three questions.
    Oh, I can see it all unfold. It looks absolutely divine.
    I can't wait to see it in person...and "test the waters". Great job, Mendlers!

    Two Thumbs Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking so great! Once I get my laptop back, I will have to post some pics of my stamped concrete deck. We love it! Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete