Thursday, August 12, 2010

Homemade Popsicles!!!

Remember when I showed you this book?
Well I finally made my first batch of popsicles using one of their recipes.
Meyer Lemon Creme! "E" and I put them together in the morning.
And the girls enjoyed them when "big sister" came
home from school!

I finally bought these 3oz. plastic cups at Target.
80 for either $2 or $3.
The beauty is they can be washed and reused.
(I am not reusing popsicle sticks for some reason
that seems yucky!)
This recipe was super easy.....

"M" thought they tasted like a lemon cheesecake!




Lemon Myer Cream
(William Sonoma Cookbook)

1TBSP Meyer Lemon Zest
3/4 c Meyer Lemon Juice
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt

Now let me stop here and say I did improvise.
I did not have Meyer Lemons!
So I cheated I used Minute Maid Lemon Juice straight from the bottle!
No Zest!
Still Delicious!

Mix above ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
Pour into ice pop molds and freeze until solid.

(Note: insert popsicle sticks about an hour in
if you are using poor man's method that way
they will stand up.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment